Yoga for healthy FEET:
PRACTICE FROM THE GROUND UP
In Yoga for Healthy Feet, Donald Moyer shares insights into working with the feet and ankles gained from over forty years of teaching yoga. The book includes:
- anatomy and architecture of the feet, as understood from a yogic perspective
- principles for aligning and balancing the feet
- suggestions for addressing common problems, such as foot cramps, sprained ankles, hammer toes, bunions, and plantar fasciitis
- descriptions of 25 poses that most concern the feet, with an emphasis on standing poses and sitting poses
- use of props such as blocks, straps, and wedges to support the feet and alleviate discomfort
- practice sequences for developing awareness, lengthening your toes, strengthening your arches, improving your balance, and supporting your ankle joints
Paper ISBN: 978-1-930485-37-2 • E-book ISBN: 978-1-930485-86-0 • $14.95 • 128 pages • 7”x9” • 10 color anatomy illustrations by Lauren Keswick • 20 color asana illustrations by Gopa Campbell • book design by Gopa & Ted2, Inc.
In May 2016, The Yoga Room (Berkeley, CA) hosted a book signing party for Yoga for Healthy Feet. Check out the wonderful photos taken by Jennifer Sadugor, director of The Yoga Solution (Sacramento, CA).